What’s Up, It’s Wednesday!
Today, class started off pretty quickly—everyone had their copies of A Whole New Mind on hand and laptops at the ready. After setting up the webcam and LiveBlog, we were off. The theme for today’s fishbowl was the chapter “Meaning”, which mainly brought up the points of religion.
Some main points of discussion:
· Should religion be brought into the workplace? If so, how should it be integrated?
· Would exposure to different cultures help? Should it begin at a young age?
· Why is religion a taboo subject?
· Why are certain subjects unmentionable in school? Should teachers and students be more open?
· Where do we draw the line on discussing religion?
· How does school deter from finding meaning?
Finally, the homework today is:
· Finish up your TEDTalk slides and have them on hand so that you can make sure they are legible in class tomorrow.
· Practice the first two minutes of your TEDTalk!
And, to end with a quote on meaning: “The least of things with a meaning is worth more in life than the greatest of things without it.” – Carl Jung