Hey guys again this is Lauren's scribe
Today was a simple day, we had an SAT 8 quiz, turned in our exercises and talked about our Banned Book Project. Our SAT was to create a Facebook page for a character in Fahrenheit 451 and use all of the SAT vocabulary words within the page.
- Banned Book – http://arapahoe.littletonpublicschools.net/Portals/7/Language Arts/Smith/Book Fair Book Presentation.doc
- Be sure you have read it and understand it, the project is due next Monday the 8th.
- BE SUPER CREATIVE PEOPLE! THIS IS WHERE YOU CAN SHINE! 3D and 2D projects are always fun and maybe incorporate some technology.
- Make sure you have a printed out version of a synopsis in YOUR own words as well as the rubric itself. (Don’t give away the ending!)
- Also have research on why the book is banned from a reliable source printed out. (Remember to cite your sources.)
- Take a side on whether or not it should be banned, don’t be indecisive!
- Lastly: Dazzle your audience! And good luck!
- Pages 136 to 165 of Fahrenheit 451 by this Monday.
- Don’t talk when Smith is talking, that never works out well!
- Have fun creating an awesome and creative project for Banned Books!
- Create more Internet ties when doing Fishbowl, like linking a webpage that relates to the discussion.
- Outer Circle in Fishbowl also needs to come in and give their input once in a while.
- And most important of all: HAVE A HAPPY HALLOWEEN!