Monday, October 25, 2010
WHERE IS SMITH??
The zombies that walked into school after a "restful" weekend quickly awoke, when they discovered that Smith was unexpectedly gone, and there was a sub. But I think we all secretly missed the "Hello Smith."
What was due today:
- Fahrenheit 451 pg. 68-91 (fishbowl)
- Macbeth Essay edits
- Symbolic Elements group projects
What we did in class today:
- Presented brief explanations of symbolic elements projects (Clarisse, fire, books, porches, ventilator grille, pills, hands, dandelions, lighter, and the moon).
- The remaining class time was spent catching up on work: either reading Fahrenheit 451, doing the SAT words for this week, or reading banned books.
- Due to Smith's absence, we did not do the Fishbowl for Fahrenheit pages 68-91, so we will be doing that tomorrow.
· Discussers and presenters for fishbowl tomorrow, bring good questions
· Fahrenheit 451 pg. 91-136-due Wednesday, October 27 (Fishbowl)
· SAT #8-due Friday, October 29
· SAT #8 quiz-on Friday, October 29
· Read Banned Book-project will be due sometime at the beginning of November, so do not be caught the night before finishing the book!
*Courtney Belin made state for Cross Country! Congrats Courtney!! *