Today we read the poem “Mother and Son” by Langston Hughes. We first read over it and then highlighted the lines that were important. Ms. Smith asked us, what does it mean to you? We then made connections to the author Langston Hughes and Ms. Smith then read it aloud to us and asked us to pay attention to the literary devices. We then talked about the advice the mother gives to the child and also talked about the tone and dialogue she uses. Ms. Smith gave us the rest of the class time to work on the persuasive poem for homework. If you are confused about ideas, then go to this link http://smith9h1011.blogspot.com/2011/02/persuasive-poem.html which is Ms. Smith's Blog Post about the persuasive poem. If you need examples, look at people's poems in the comments section, this is also where you will post yours.
Google Sites Toolbar!
I bet most of you were wondering how to fix the order of the paragraphs on your Google Sites. Well thanks to Janie we have an answer.
1. Click on Site Map under your paragraphs
2. Click on Manage Pages
3. Find Site Appearance which will be in bold print
4. Under Site Appearance click on Site Layout
5. Click Edit Navigation which will be found in the bottom left in the box titled Sidebar
7. To rearrange, click on the paragraph you want to move and use the arrows found on the right
- Persuasive Poem (tomorrow)